Hardcopy film is environmentally unfriendly. With the growing use of digital imaging, Wesley Medical Imaging is giving doctors the opportunity to lower the impact on the environment by not receiving hard copy films by replacing them with electronic reports and images – in other words, go “filmless”.
Other benefits in going filmless:
- Convenient – you no longer have to wait for films as the images will be sent directly to your referring doctor together with a report from our radiologist.
- Efficient – films are never lost or forgotten as they are always stored securely and are available on request from any of our clinics.
- Fast – Medical reports and images are delivered electronically to your doctor as soon as our radiologist completes your imaging report.
- Greater image quality – your doctor will have the ability to see more, through high quality digital images.
- Reduces storage and handling – less films cluttering space.
If your referring doctor elects to go “filmless” once you have completed your medical imaging examination, you will no longer have to wait for x-ray films. The images will be sent electronically to your doctor’s computer together with a report from our Radiologist.
IMPORTANT: As always, you will need to follow up directly with your referring doctor regarding the results.